Sunday, August 19, 2012

Shattrath Divided: Scryers — Plate

WoW Insider is holding a transmogrification contest where the entrants are supposed to design an outfit around a single peace of gear. As I submitted my entry which is titled "Czar of the Sporeggar" (can you guess what the theme item is?) I was reminded of the Mogolympic opening ceremonies.

The subsequent Scryer scandal and barring wasn't enough to make me forgo my allegiance to them, however. So, think of this as a spiritual Scryer emissary (I realize it's ironic I've chosen a draenei to model).

Flavor text aside, the Exalted plate is one of my favorite plate sets. It's one of the rarest BOE sets out there so be sure to check out the page and comments on WoW RPGear for helpful tips and information.

Helmet of the Steadfast Champion
Warbringer's Spaulders
Exalted Harness
Scryers Tabard
Gauntlets of the Skullsplitter
Exalted Girdle
Exalted Legplates
Exalted Sabatons

With the tabard on top, only the sleeves are visible, so there are a couple of alternatives that you could settle for.

Chest alternatives:
Breastplate of Despair (the design on the sleeves is practically identical to the Exalted plate, just a lighter color hue)

Waist alternatives:
Hevna's Eye Socket
Girdle of the Mountains
Stormforged Belt

I don't recommend using more than one of these pieces at the same time lest it look cluttered, unless it's the Carapace of Imbibed Flame with Girdle of the Mountains, which seem to go together surprisingly well.

Weapon suggestions:

Skunkworks Sword Skunkworks Sword Sun-Forged Cleaver Sun-Forged Cleaver
Elementium-Edged Scalper Elementium-Edged Scalper Doom's Edge Doom's Edge
Scimitar of the Sirocco Scimitar of the Sirocco Coldstone Cutlass Coldstone Cutlass

11 comments:

  1. What a great colour match :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful plate set for a Scryer! I'm glad to see you posting again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For a long while I had nothing to post about, suddenly I have too many ideas!

      Delete
  3. She looks wonderful! She looks more than capable of redeeming the Scryers good name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shoulders look great with the outfit! There was a Draenei with this set, but different shoulders, repping the Shattered Sun at the last WoW Factor Show. Definitely a fly look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd forgotten about the Shattered Sun one! The white on that might go well with the black-and-gray plate that shares this artwork (pants, gloves? I'm not sure anymore).

      Delete
  5. That is one sleek-looking set, I like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Did you turn to get help to some professional services to to bring the readers to your blog on a regular basis? Waiting forward to hear your answer.

    ReplyDelete